From 1st April 2006 a new pricing structure came into effect. The amount you pay depends on the treatment you need to keep your teeth and gums healthy. There are three bands of treatment with only 3 charges, your treatment will fall into one of the bands outlined below.
Band 1 – £22.70 This charge will include an examination, diagnosis, and preventive advice . If necessary it will include x-rays, scale and polish and planning for further treatment.
Band 2 – £62.10 This charge includes all the necessary treatment covered by the £22.70 charge plus added treatment such as fillings, root canal treatment, extractions & longer appointments with the hygienist to treat gum disease.
Band 3 – £269.30 This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £22.70 and £62.10 treatment charges plus more complex procedures such as crowns dentures or bridges.
Temporary urgent treatment required in an emergency will cost £22.70
Further information about NHS Dental provision can be obtained from NHS choices web site.
The following groups qualify for free NHS treatment:
- If you are under 18 or under 19 and in full time education.
- If you or your partner receives Income support, Working Family Tax Credit, Disability Working Allowance, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Pension Credit Guarantee.
- If you are pregnant or have had a baby in the last 12 months.
- If you are on a low income or are a student you may qualify for
an NHS exemption certificate. Ask at reception for form HC1.
Not Sure if You’re Exempt?
Don’t assume you’re entitled to claim free NHS prescriptions or free or reduced cost dental treatment.
To check whether or not you are entitled to free NHS dental treatment, use the Check Before You Tick eligibility checker.
We offer many private treatment options for treatments not available on the NHS. In addition we are able to offer improved materials and techniques for many procedures. These include:
- Tooth Whitening – £300 for both upper & lower teeth
- Botox and Dermal Fillers available with Dr Carly Mellor – see cheshirefacialaesthetics.co.uk
- Invisalign® – clear braces provided by Dr Kathleen Byrne
- Private Root Canal Treatment with Dr Carl Paisley (For complex cases and root canal re-treatment)
- Superior quality dentures
- White fillings in back teeth
- All-ceramic crowns for front teeth
- Tooth coloured crowns and gold crowns on back teeth
- Porcelain veneers to whiten and straighten teeth
- Longer and more involved appointments with our hygienist